Effectiveness Coach (Beech Grove)
Compensation: $34,190.00 - $57,720.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Effectiveness Coach Indianapolis Teaching FellowsIndianapolis, IN
TNTP seeks a full-time Effectiveness Coach
to join our Consulting Team. This position is based out of a home office in Indianapolis, IN and sits with TNTP s Indianapolis Teaching Fellows program. The position is available immediately. Local travel is required.Who We Are
A national nonprofit founded by teachers, TNTP believes our nation s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP's Consulting Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students. TNTP's Indianapolis Teaching Fellows program is an alternative route to a career in teaching for talented professionals committed to improving the odds for kids by raising student achievement for students in Indianapolis. The program has recruited and developed over 650 Fellows to teach in high-need subject areas and classrooms throughout Indianapolis schools.What You ll Do
As an Effectiveness Coach
you will play a critical role in TNTP's teacher development initiatives and program in Indianapolis by coaching approximately 20-30 program participants. You will be responsible for the performance of the teachers on your caseload, developing them to reach their full potential.
Here are some examples of what an Effectiveness Coach might do:
What You Bring
- Working collaboratively with other team members to set ITF s coaching strategy and vision for teacher development.
- Developing a caseload of teachers through direct coaching, training and modeling, ensuring that teachers rapidly improve their performance
- Leading a team of summer pre-service training staff, ensuring that new teachers are effectively prepared for a strong start to the school year
- Identifying and implementing innovative solutions for improving the overall performance of the cohort and your caseload of teachers to meet contract goals
- Designing and delivering content specific sessions and lead teacher study groups focused on all contents, teacher professional development
- Supporting teachers by providing feedback on lessons and assessments that align with Indiana State Standards
- Supporting TNTP s broader teacher development initiatives, proposing and crafting long-term, teacher development strategies and services
- Contributing to and supporting other projects across the team as necessary
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children s lives through education. You ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, understand the power of diversity, advocate for equity, aspire to lead through inclusion, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Effectiveness Coaches to:
What We Offer
- Have classroom experience. You have at least two years of teaching experience (preferably in a high-need school) and a proven track record of raising student achievement. You have strong familiarity and expertise with the Common Core State Standards and/or the Indianastate standards. (highly preferred).
- Know great teaching when they see it. Whether you are watching a teacher deliver a lesson or looking at student performance data, you can identify where that teacher is effective and what s/he needs to do to improve immediately and in the long-term.
- Develop teachers. You track and analyze teacher data, but it s what you do with it that really has an impact. Based on your data analysis and what you see in the classroom, you identify new approaches to improve teacher performance under a quick timeline.
- Embrace a fast-moving organization. Deadlines, changing priorities and new projects don t overwhelm you. Instead, they inspire you to rise to the occasion. You are willing to work non-standard hours and occasional weekends as needed.
- Have stage presence. We re counting on your strong facilitation skills and ability to expertly lead teacher professional development.
- Motivate and influence others. You ll regularly partner with, and be expected to influence teachers and school leaders, investing them in the vision for TNTP s coaching model and generating excitement about innovative approaches to professional development. You have experience and comfort with communicating direct feedback in a compelling way that inspires teachers to make immediate improvements to instruction that accelerates their students achievement.
- Be comfortable with the unknown. Ambiguity doesn t scare you; just the opposite, you thrive on it. You are flexible and comfortable adapting your work to maximize your impact on students, the teachers you coach and your team.
- Be a constant learner. A commitment to constant learning and improvement, in both your own work and the work of others. You thrive on feedback and implement it quickly to continually improve your practice
- Embrace cross-cultural agility. Authentic self-reflection, self- awareness, and high emotional intelligence are central to who you are, and you utilize these skills to contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. You have an adept cultural understanding of yourself and use your understanding of yourself and others to build trusting relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Build relationships. You ll regularly partner with internal and external stakeholders. You have an ability to connect and build relationships with diverse communities. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.To Apply
It s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
Please submit your application online.Position Type:
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, arrest record, conviction record, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of TNTP, including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, and administering all personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs or terminations.
Associated topics: grade school, high school, hs, kid, middle school, pre collegiate, primary school, private school, school, youth
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...