Director of Ticket Sales
Rice University in Houston, TX
- Industry: Sales - Sales Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $145,330.00 - 145,330.00 / Year*
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., nights and weekends as necessary.
Benefits Eligible Yes
Eligible for Overtime No
The director of ticket sales will lead the ticket sales team in increasing athletic ticket revenue by selling tickets to Rice Athletics events and servicing customer accounts, all with the intent of elevating the brand of Rice Athletics. This role is responsible for creating the Rice Athletics ticket sales strategy and plan and leading a team to execute against this plan. This includes managing and being part of a team that sells season tickets, mini plans, and group tickets by making outbound sales calls, arranging client meetings, managing sales tables at athletic and community events, and seeking referrals from their existing portfolio. This also includes leading the team in the stewardship of accounts, including servicing season ticket member accounts and fulfilling group sale obligations. Given the close interaction with many key external constituents of the athletics department, the director of ticket sales will be asked, on occasion, to participate in soliciting donations for the Owl Club, the annual fund for Rice Athletics.
Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Substitution for Education Requirement Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Experience Required 3 years
Type of Experience
Related experience in sales and service related roles.
Substitution for Experience Requirement Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to create a sales plan and lead, manage, coach, and motivate a sales force to execute against that plan
- Ability to build, maintain, and grow a large book of business of customers for both season tickets an group tickets, including strong customer service and stewardship skills
- Ability to effectively synthesize information and prepare sales reports that communicate results of sales team
- Ability to work well in teams and collaborate with diverse constituents, especially the Athletic Marketing, Sponsorship, and Development teams
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including having a friendly and professional manner when communicating with customers in person or over the phone
Internal / External Contacts
Internal Contacts: The incumbent has contact with Rice students and staff.
External Contacts: The incumbent has contact with donors, fans, and potential fans.
Ability to work at events during hot or adverse weather conditions.
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Nights and weekends as event schedules require
Position is not considered essential during a campus emergency.
Rice University Standard of Civility
Serves as a representative of the University, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with other members of the Rice community and with the public.
As defined under the Texas Education Code and Rice Policy No. 425 , this position is security sensitive and employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
- Creates the Rice Athletics ticket sales strategy and plan on an annual basis, frequently monitoring progress against the plan and identifying areas for adjustment (e.g. pricing, sales targets, etc.)
- Leads sales team to execute against sales strategy, including creating a results-oriented, high-performing culture of accountability where goals are met and exceeded
- Provides coaching, training, and performance feedback to sales staff in order to ensure continuous improvement
- Continuously assesses hiring needs for sales staff, leading hiring
- Sells season tickets, mini-plans, group tickets, and corporate packages for all ticketed sports, through outbound phone calls, including cold-calls, and meetings
- Cultivates long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with customers through personal visits, phone calls, and other meaningful touch point contacts, to earn new business and maintain and grow current business
- Fulfills group experiences that are sold to clients (with marketing)
- Attends home games and various events (team, community, etc.) for the purposes of generating sales opportunities and maximizing revenues
- Keeps detailed records of customer contacts and record in ticketing system, including initial contact, follow up plan, and additional contacts
- Helps ensure a culture of compliance by adhering to the letter and spirit of NCAA , Conference USA , and Rice University Rules and Regulations
Additional Functions or Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have three years of related experience in sales and service related roles?
Associated topics: box office, sales, sales account, sales associate, sales consultant, sales executive, sales representative, ticket scanning, usher, vending
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Houston, TX!