Athletic Trainer ** SIGN ON BONUS **
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
We have an opening for a full-time Athletic Trainer to work with our Health Center located in Modesto, CA!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: We have a comprehensive training program, no experience in occupational health required!!!
* Provide basic first aid and orthopedic injury screening, covering such areas as (but not limited to) history, observation, palpation, range of motion, manual muscle strength, reflex testing, myotomes, dermatomes, and special tests.
* Demonstrate objective rationale for appropriate referrals to on-site medical providers.
* Provide daily client follow-up and make recommendations for work performance based on knowledge in anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and ergonomic principles.
* Lead large group training sessions focusing on functional movement patterns, specific job simulations, and educational programs for occupational health/ safety.
* Counsel and observe clients related to appropriate symptom management techniques for minor musculoskeletal discomfort and/ or provide recommended guidelines for correcting limitations in flexibility, strength, and general conditioning to prevent injury or long-term disability.
* Perform job analysis establishing and reviewing specific objective findings of push/ pull/ lift forces and repetitive body posturing requirements.
* Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. in a timely manner.
* Communicate regularly with Occupational Health Services Team and Safety personnel regarding workplace countermeasures and injury prevention activities.
* Attend meetings and serve on task forces as requested.
May require other duties as assigned. Other duties as assigned. If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
* Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university or equivalent experience preferred.
* Licensed as a Certified Athletic Trainer
* Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
* Certifications in Health/ Fitness Industry (i.e. NSCA, NASM, ACSM, etc ) preferred.
* Experience in Occupational Health and Safety
* Knowledge of current OSHA regulations preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Understanding of business practices and culture
* Ability to critically think and prioritize job tasks
* Problem-solving abilities
* Ability to build relationships
* Strong time-management skills
* Ability to multitask
Associated topics: athletic director, athletic trainer, director of athletics, fitness director, fitness instructor, wellness director, wellness instructor
Loading some great jobs for you...