Head Coach, Women's Softball
Compensation: $41,500.00 - $67,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Driven. Engaging. Innovative. Do these words motivate you? If so, then we want to talk with you. Academy of Art University offers a rewarding employment experience for those who excel in a dynamic environment and who can consistently deliver high-caliber customer service. We thrive on ingenuity and pursue ideas every day that lead to extraordinary opportunities for tomorrow. Apply here for your next career!
Academy of Art University seeks a full-time Head Coach for the Urban Knights Women s Softball team. The Head Women s Softball Coach is responsible for managing all aspects of a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II softball program. Specific duties include, but are not limited to: coaching, scheduling, recruiting, promoting the program, budget development, supervising student athletes' academic performance, assisting with fundraising as well as public relations for sport and athletic department. Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversee and direct all aspects of the softball program during pre-season and off-season periods.
- Hire, supervise, development and evaluate assistant coach(es).
- Prepare and manage the softball program s budget.
- Recruit, retain and graduate successful student-athletes for the Academy of Art University and the softball program.
- Direct the individual player performance evaluation process.
- Develop a competitive regional NCAA Division II softball schedule.
- Direct and supervise recruiting program.
- Ensure proper supervision of athletes during practice, travel to and from competition, and during competition.
- Ensure proper maintenance and repair of equipment and field.
- Speak to alumni, organizations, high schools, and other groups to promote the soccer and athletic programs at the Academy of Art University.
- Possess a Bachelor s degree and a minimum of five years collegiate coaching experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be team-oriented
- Experienced with NCAA rules, compliance and regulations
- Must possess First Aid, CPR and AED certifications
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and be insurable under the Academy's provider
Academy of Art University offers full-time employees health insurance, 401k options, paid vacation (15 days' accrual at start) based on years of service, paid holidays, paid sick leave and a commuter benefit program. The Academy also offers full-time employees an opportunity to take one undergraduate course tuition free each semester. We also have a swimming pool with multiple lanes, two fitness centers and many recreational programs that you are welcome to benefit from throughout the year.
Academy of Art University is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, Aids or HIV positive status, marital status, domestic partnership, medical condition or genetic characteristics, race or national origin, pregnancy, religion, sex, gender identity, gender or sexual orientation, name change, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by federal, state, local or other law. Equal access to the hiring process, services, and employment is available to all persons. Applicants requiring accommodations to the application and/or interview process should contact the Human Resources Manager by calling 415-###-####. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Associated topics: academy, coach, college, collegiate, institute, university, varsity
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...